Consensus is a growing, fast-paced digital firm with talented people and a management team that “gets it”. We work in a wide-open, newly decorated office space located in Boston’s South End. Snacks, beers and margaritas provided on occasion (any occasion).
If you have a small but bullet-proof ego, play well with others, love precision and realize that the EXPERIENCE is everything, than we are interested in hearing from you.
Serve as one of the members of the Creative team at Consensus as a Mid to Senior Level Designer. Manage dynamic project challenges working with the latest technologies including responsive design, innovative site behaviors such as parallax, custom web applications, mobile apps, animation, illustration, conceptual branding, print marketing and social media tiles.
Need to have an eye for clean, aesthetically pleasing design that supports the brand voice and initiatives. Must have an understanding that simple design is the most challenging, but when done well, it is the most powerful. Must possess superior user interface design skills and be able to translate high-level wireframes into beautiful, intuitive, functional creative concepts for websites and applications. Must be able to create and deliver multiple assets for client campaigns, including print ads, posters, info-graphics, social tiles, web banners, and email announcements.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Ability to create and fully understand wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Aftereffects and animation capabilities a plus
- Strong understanding of code capabilities, and the ability to collaborate with our development team to determine best practices
- Front-end presentation layer development a plus
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user experience best practices
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Able to create logo/brand identities and define brand directions
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or a Visual Arts subject
- Must have an amazing attitude
- Must work on site at our South End office space
- Love the digital lifestyle and creating amazing experiences
- Always striving for continuous improvement and having the motivation to learn from the team
- Realize that clients are important and pay the bills
Reports To: Creative Director
Send an email to [email protected]